updates
THREE MONTHS STRONG!

The site is based on the lives of original characters who are sports entertainers / athletes. Beautiful Strangers has a more character-based approach.It dives deep into the stories on a wrestler's life both on and off-screen.

Set in the backdrop of a wrestling promotion, Worldwide Wrestling Force or the WWF, we will provide avenues for characters to be portrayed in different perspectives and platforms. From the on-screen persona often called as "gimmicks", the hardships of the independent scene, to sky-rocketing their careers, and dealing with backstage politics. We even offer the opportunity to portray the minds behind the scenes. The struggles to become a wrestler and to run a wrestling promotion in the modern world is a genre never fully explored- and it could mean a dosage of creativity. From portraying top wrestlers, aspiring athletes, business executives, celebrities etc- the opportunities in an industry with so many blurred lines cannot be clearer than ever.

events
staff

champions

Closed
New Poll

FAQS
CAMILLE CLARKE
 Posted: Dec 25 2014, 07:43 PM
Group Icon

posts written
antoinette

application & shipper

FAQS
BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS
  • I have never been on an "e-fed", does that mean I cannot join the site?
    Not at all. It is not really as complicated as it seems. Imagine the life of a pro-wrestler, how they are when they portray their gimmicks and how they are behind the scenes. It is simply clearing the lines of those two and utilising the site to portray both personas from one character. You can participate on-screen on shows, interviews, promotional work and whatnot. Yet at the same time, you still struggle through issues of real life.

• I have never joined a real life roleplaying site, does that mean I cannot join the site?
    Not at all. A real life site is being able to tell a story with other characters and utilising real life issues as a means to plot and write a story with depth. In contrast to simply just writing competitively, this explores a different side of a wrestlers character and highlights the person within. You do no just deal with good guys and bad guys as you normally would on a show- it also showcases the struggles, the laughter and all that comes with being a pro-wrestler.

• In retrospect, how does it work?
    It generally works the same way as other roleplaying sites. You sign up with our very short freeform app, and then once you are accepted you start plotting with others. You can either create feuds or allies on-screen and utilise the on-screen forum to advance your gimmick. You can also participate on the weekly shows by submitting promos as segments. At the same time, you can also plot for things off-screen, such as sex, romance, politics and what real life stories may interest you. See, it really isn't that complicated.

• Does this mean I have to compete every week?
    No. That is the difference here. Instead of spending most of your week trying to write out a competitive promo or match roleplay that is composed of thousands of words, here you can rather enjoy the art of just telling a story. If you have the itch to write a promo, you can submit it as a segment for the show or utilise the on-screen forum and further your characters gimmick. It is also very collaborative as you can craft a brilliant exchange with other signed talent. At the same time, you have the off-screen forums to discuss what goes on behind the scenes in the life of your character.

• How does my character get "pushed?" Or does it even matter at all?
    This is generally observed through over-all activity. How much one utilises the forum and work with others in order to enjoy roleplaying. It does not matter if you are the most crisp writer, or you write the longest promos- this is about engaging in storytelling. The more you interact with other characters, the more active you are in terms of pushing your own self- that is how it will work. It does not take more effort at all, its just a matter of who is having fun more.

• What if I want to compete in a match where I am booked?
    We knew this might happen. So we have allowed that option. Yes, per the rule, two ore more consenting roleplayers can request that the admin judge them via a promo roleplay. However, note, that we will not be writing full-blown results. Rather, we just declare winners and insert a few snippets here and there to further storylines that are discussed with us.

• How can I participate in the shows? In pro-wrestling, we have what you call segments. These can vary from interviews, backstage encounters, in-ring promos or even videos shot earlier. If you wish to have a role in the show, you can always type up your own promo and send it to us. in the same light, you can utilise the on-screen promos and just let us know that you would like one of your threads to be featured on the week's show.
© darren criss

--------------------
i'm the creme` dela creme`
so you can never play me
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

skin by lauz of shine, atf, and candyland couture.